Eggplant

I just used “Eggplant” because I don’t know what else to write. What it’s about is I bought a new air fryer. You might remember last year when I bought one and set it on fire. Not this one. It makes the best eggplant I ever tasted. No kidding. And I love eggplant.

I still haven’t been to the store to buy the ingredients to make Cris M’s table sauce from last week.

I won’t be able to order the strips from the archives until Tuesday. The lady is out who manages the originals. Meanwhile…

Hey, he’s not going to work!

7 Responses to Eggplant

Hi Buddy,

I think you are overthinking ingredients, and maybe quantities. Just about anything in the groups will work. Quantities are immaterial, other than half and half for the first two.

SOUR – That’s vinegar. Apple cider will give it a somewhat fruity taste. Distilled just makes the sour component. Both are good, and when it comes time to add to the bottle, use the other one! So are wine vinegars, though that violates my rule of “cheap”.

SWEET – I used simple syrup because I make it frequently for the hummers. Use Karo or corn syrup or what have you. I added some molasses too, but it’s to your taste.

HOT – Powdered cayenne or any other hot chili powder. Or use Italian flakes like you use on pizza. Cinnamon is going in the next batch. It’s always good with pork.

OTHER STUFF – Look on your spice shelf, in back. That tin of allspice left over from pumpkin pie, yah, you betcha. Herbs, sure. Garlic in any form. Just don’t use salted ones, because all you will taste is the salt. But don’t use Effie’s Octopus Powder.

STORAGE – Room temp, even in Florida. Better as days go on, you will find.

I have to go to the store. I might have some molasses. I do at my place up north. For vinegar I’ll use the white stuff I use to clean the floors. I have no syrup. I don’t like sweet food. Except fruit and desserts. I always keep on hand a huge container of powered Cayenne. Great stuff. I’ll get around to this in time.

2. Lasse Åhman says:

How do you make “Mr Grace perfect fried Piranha Club eggplants”?

I did it in my new air fryer. A year and a half ago I had one. Frau Grace said to put it on the glass cook top because it might damage the counter. I did, the stove got accidentally turned on, and the the whole damn thing melted. Here’s how. I whipped up a couple eggs and a little milk. I cut the eggplant into pieces shaped like french fries, but about 3/4 inches wide. I don’t know if this is necessary. I did a few regular slices and that worked as well. I rolled the eggplant pieces in my homemade bread crumbs. I sprayed the pieces with olive oil with my Misto oil sprayer. I set the temperature to 360 degrees F. I cooked for a total of 10 minutes or so, stopping a couple of times to shake them. They were really the best I ever tasted.

• Lasse Åhman says:

Thank you.
        It is a easy reciep, and the cooking seems easy too, as long as you don’t put the fryer on fire.

3. Lasse Åhman says:

Thank you.

4. Rip-rap -what can I say. Yau cant qvit jor series. Im gonna molest jau if yau doo!
    I gladly lajks to putt maj own swedishk textes (jusally) in de papires witt jaur seriesss.
    Isdat åkej widd jau widd no poblemas? Me has severall hundres off ol papes, mosly
    the bad “Evenigblade” thatt iss aktally oved byy an Noweganian firma butt a majjor blade in Sösdala (Sweanskie) alsooo. Me uses to chech alla de papes from tim to timm
    + laaughe ohohohoh at meine tryings to be fun an funnie like all swedaskes are.
    Where I lagh ohohoh to meine ownes funniness I amm verry sattisfiad becass me is
    lavvin jokin off me oldie owness funnarness. Yau muss statupp nowwagain an soo sentmee jaur seriss so mee can helpp jau too be moranmore fannier for new/oldie realesers iner kingadome of SWEdanskas.!
    Danke shönen if jau kan gus uss a protibble concugation iff jau nau was me meeen?