Hurricane Florence

My trip up north has been postponed for a week due to the hurricane. Amtrak cancelled the  train we were going to take.

Also, I had to contact Ohio State about a missing strip. They are going to send it to me. There was at least one person who wanted an old original, but I told whoever it was that it was too late. That’s changed. If you wanted an old strip email me right away, and I’ll see if I can get it.

Quite some time ago Lisa asked me to post this little story. Very strange, because I never met a woman yet who thought that the Three Stooges were funny. Personally I think they were hilarious. I have the complete Three Stooges one-reeler collection on my computer. 239 movies. Curley was about the funniest man in the history of funny men. When I drew this story in 1992 I got to thinking about what would it be like if Moe acted like Madonna or vice versa.

8 Responses to Hurricane Florence

1. Syd Schatzker says:

Love the Three Stooges. The pie throwing scenes still crack me up.
    Always wanted to plant a pie in someone’s kisser.
    Couldn’t decide on which flavour to buy…….

Like the one where the rich guy tries to make gentlemen out of them. Remember the scene where all the silverware falls out of Curley’s jacket?

2. Lisa says:

I love ‘They Stooge to Conga’! My last dog, a Shih Tzu-Maltese cross, was nicknamed Moe because the first time that I saw her she had a pronounced bowl haircut. Thanks for posting this, but pleeeeeeze put in the original ending that was too naught for publication!

There was only one in the series that. was too naughty. And it’s really naughty. I did a weeks worth of naughty strips for a Scandinavian comic book once. They were pencil roughs, done specially for the publication. I might post them some time.

3. Steamer says:

Best of all time for me, is “Microphonies”, where Curly sings “Voices Of Spring” as Senora Cucaracha. Also the trio from “Lucia di Lammermoor”…

…followed closely by the Niagara Falls skit in “Gents Without Cents”.

4. Bob says:

“A Plumbing We Will Go” is the best. Curly cages himself in the pipes in the bathtub. Larry digging up the front lawn in search of a shut-off valve. The best part was when they started watching Niagara Falls on the TV and all of the water came rushing out of the TV. I always wondered how they got the water to flow through the electric wires (Lol). Just great stuff!!