Drug Prices

I just paid $120 at a CVS Pharmacy for one of my, God knows how many, prescriptions. I can get the same thing from Canada for $60. I already get, and have gotten for years my really expensive drugs from Canada. I’m thinking I’ll start getting all of them there. If you’re a U.S. citizen, forget about the government doing anything to lower prices. They’ve had plenty of time. We pay at least twice as much as any other country in the developed world for drugs. The price of insulin has gotten so high that people are dying, here in the richest country on earth. I can afford my drugs. What about poor people?

When I went to work at the University of Georgia back in 1972, I met my new next door neighbor, Dave P. As we were getting acquainted his collie peed on my leg.

12 Responses to Drug Prices

1. Tom says:

Bud, another well said rant..

2. Carlos says:

Did Dave P. work for a pharmaceutical company? That would explain his Collie’s action.

I know for a fact that “America has the best health care system in the world”……I heard it on the Rush Limbaugh show (don’t try to confuse him with fake news from the World Health Organization).

3. Russ says:

If you live near a Costco give their pharmacy a try. You don’t even need to be Costco member to buy their drugs (or so I’ve read somewhere).

Blink dot com. When my local closed its doors, I checked prices at the big box names 30 miles away.

So I did my research. I thought about Mexico, Canada, India and decided I would confine to US only. Too many problems for me outside, unless you are going in person.

Big box report: Blahblahstatin had been $20, was gonna be $50 to a high of $70 and I would have to drive 60 miles round trip. Costco requires a membership before you can eve get a price. Might pay off for your ginormous rolls of toilet paper tough.

$12 at blink, shipped by USPS no charge. If they have member storesnearby, you can pick up there. Fat chance in Dirtball Colorado. 90 days at a time. Auto refills. No headaches, perfect service. They will bribe me for referrals but I’m not into that kinda thing. Check ’em out

Costco is about 35 minutes away. They built one in east Manatee County last year. They have stuff I can’t get anywhere else. I love their half roasted duck with orange sauce. And I also love smoed salmon. Theirs is affordable. There’s other things as well. But it’s not worth driving 6o0 miles. If you wanted to you could buy their stuff on line.

• Chris M says:

$17.55 for 90 0.4 mg capsules delivered. Without signing in.

I got the name wrong. It’s blinkhealth.com

I would not trust those pesky canucks – talk about a long drive!
        Plus they might be selling you some of Frau’s panda poop.

5. Robert R says:

The collie made you a marked man.

6. Bob says:

Bud,
    Try GoodRX.com.
    Coupons there for your drug as low as $16 for 90 capsules.
    Even CVS is $33.30 with coupon.
    I have used these coupons for drugs that are not covered by my prescription plan or are too much with my plan.
    Here are some examples:

Prices and coupons for 90 capsules of tamsulosin 0.4mg
    Set your locationfor drug prices near you.
    for drug prices near you
    Prices for the following pharmacy:Harris Teeter.
    The price is$6.00.
    with membership
    LEARN MORE
    Prices for the following pharmacy:Giant Pharmacy.
    The estimated cash price (before coupon) is:$379.
    est retail price
    The price after coupon is$16.26.
    with free discount
    GET FREE DISCOUNT
    Prices for the following pharmacy:Costco.
    The estimated cash price (before coupon) is:$182.
    est retail price
    The price after coupon is$16.26.
    with free discount
    GET FREE DISCOUNT
    Prices for the following pharmacy:Safeway.
    The estimated cash price (before coupon) is:$95.
    est retail price
    The price after coupon is$17.11.
    with free coupon
    GET FREE COUPON
    Prices for the following pharmacy:Walmart.
    The estimated cash price (before coupon) is:$166.
    est retail price
    The price after coupon is$21.59.
    with free discount
    GET FREE DISCOUNT
    Prices for the following pharmacy:ACME Sav-On.
    The price after coupon is$24.18.
    with free coupon
    GET FREE COUPON
    Prices for the following pharmacy:Target (CVS).
    The estimated cash price (before coupon) is:$290.
    est retail price
    The price after coupon is$33.30.
    with free coupon
    GET FREE COUPON
    Prices for the following pharmacy:CVS Pharmacy.
    The estimated cash price (before coupon) is:$291.
    est retail price
    The price after coupon is$33.30.
    with free coupon
    GET FREE COUPON

Wow! But Target is now CVS. I just picked up another prescription for a certain statin, 90 tablets. I paid CVS $1.20 per pill. They claimed that they saved me $68 on the total cost. I just looked it up from Canada. It’s $0.35. I have a prescription card. But it didn’t help me that much. I’ll look into GoodRX.com. Thanks.

• Bob says:

I have used the coupons from GoodRX.com for several years now. Normally I am OK with my prescription plan, usually about $30 for 90 day supply or $15/30 day.
        Of course this is all for generic drugs.
        The GoodRX coupons are great for stuff not covered by my insurance plan.
        I hope that it works for you.