Larval Son of a Bitch

I finally caught the son of a bitch that was eating my basil!

10 Responses to Larval Son of a Bitch

1. Russ says:

What a shame, today’s youth won’t even know what a hub cap is. 🙁

And they won’t know that thugs swiped your hubcaps to sell. Even twenty years ago you could find used hubcap shops on the seedier parts of town.

2. Andy @ says:

Sure miss my home-grown basil. Always had plants when we lived in the Seattle area, but now that we winter in Arizona, it’s tough. But then, I get fresh basil (great on pizza with anchovies, eh?) at the grocery store.

Yeah. I ;ove basil. I remember 30 years ago Francis Ford Coppola was on a talk show making pizza. He took handfuls of fresh basil and covered the pizza. He said it’s a vegetable and you should load it up. I’ve done that ever since.

3. Bob says:

Well, give that son of a bitch some basil.
    Into a frying pan on medium heat, add garlic and oil.
    When the garlic is just light brown, add some chopped basil and 1 son of a bitch.
    Saute for a few minutes until the son of a bitch is slightly crispy.
    Remove from pan and ENJOY!
    Bon Appetit.

If Frau Grace wants some, you may need to find another son of a bitch.

Fredrick E sent me a video about eating stuff like that. I could only watch for about 10 seconds. Think you can watch it all the way through? If you’d like, I’ll forward it.

• Bob says:

Sure, forward it to me.
        I have been interested in this stuff from way back
        We had an “exotic meal” in my biology class in high school.
        Teacher brought in all kinds of edible bugs, larva, etc..
        That was the first time I ate dried grasshoppers.
        They said it was a good source of protein.

4. Franklin L Kittle says:

Bud, I would like to ask if I can share one of your blog posts with a friend on Facebook. The person can not receive FB messages and the only contact I have is on her FB page. I wondered about Copywrite problems. This doddering old fan always enjoys your posts.

Hi, Frank. Just so everyone knows, Frank Little was a teacher at Manatee High School way back when. I was never in one of his classes, but I know for a fact that he was one of the best. And we’re still in touch. Frank do anything you like. I don’t thing King Features is going to sue anybody. The Hearst family is probably worth billions. And I helped them get there in my small way.