How to make a pizza Part 2

Oops. I screwed this up here is the original pizza video

8 Responses to How to make a pizza Part 2

1. AndyW says:

I love these videos….but Bud should know that you load up the pizza with anchovies AFTER it comes out of the oven. Lots of those little critters, too. He does the basil right – load up the pizza with them. I hope this is a regular thing now.

I’ve never done that Andy. I’m usually lazy and I but a frozen pizza and then load it up. I’m going to make another pizza tomorrow. I’ll try it. I remember seeing George Lucas (I seem to recall it was he) many years ago on a talk show making pizza. He put tons of basil on his pizza. He said “It’s a vegetable”. He was right. Load up the pizza with fresh basil.Tomorrow I’ll double the flour and be more careful about how much water I add. After all, as I said, it had been 40 years since I made my last pizza. Also I forgot to put some flour on the metal baking pan. You don’t have to do that if you use the pizza stone.

2. Lisa B. says:

I’m not much in the kitchen but watching these videos has inspired me to try more. A Happy Easter to The Three Graces!

Lisa, you’re stuck at home. Do you get bored in the middle of the day. Trying new dishes is fun and it takes your mind off stuff. It’s great even if it’s a flop. There’s always next time.

• Lisa B. says:

Yeah, I’m stuck at home. I retired on October 25 2019 and this isn’t how I pictured my retirement. I did make a ground meat and pasta dish on Friday, which went very well. I make my own ground meat – never buy it a the store. Watching your video on making your own spaghetti reminded me of my mother telling me how her mother and grandmother used to make their own noodles. Instead of a dough press, those ladies used a rolling pin on a wooden board. Lotsa work, that.

When I was a small boy in Pennsylvania my mother made pies two or three times a week. Her rolling pin got quite a workout. She also mad jelly rolls. We had a concord grape arbor. It’s a shame that our culture, since WWII, has changed so much. Now wives don’t have the time to make spaghetti or pie. They’re too busy helping the family to make a living. Way back when, when a wife went to work it meant a big increase in income for the family. But society adjusted itself so that these days wives and mothers have to work to make ends meet.

3. Bob says:

You need way more than 5 anchovies for a whole pizza.
    And, where is the pepperoni?
    I absolutely love pepperoni and extra anchovies.
    Andy W, above, is correct. The anchovies need to go on after it is cooked.
    Anyway, it does look great!

I’m making a pizza tonight. I’ll try the anchovies your way. I also have some peppers to put on it. I’m not crazy about pepperoni.