Anybody need a haircut?

Did you notice the ?

8 Responses to Anybody need a haircut?

1. Lisa B. says:

The Larry Fine look is popular this year. It’s been almost three months since I last had my hair cut and the situation is growing dire.

I love this story!

I loved Larry. I was at the dermatologist today, the doctor is probably in her mid 30’s. She learned that I was a cartoonist, and she asked me who my favorite comedians were. I said W.C. Fields and Curly Howard. She never heard of them. She said “What about Seinfeld?”

• Chris M says:

Perhaps that’s why present comedians aren’t funny — their audiences need to be trained to laugh only when it’s funny.

As to Robert R’s remark about ‘blonds’, I think he meant ‘blondes’. I’m a blond. As Curly used to say, “I resemble that remark. Nyuck nyuck nyuck!”

All sitcoms need a laugh track. It’s nothing new.I listen to old radio programs. I just the other night I was listening to Phil Harris and Alice Faye. I was thinking to myself how unfunny the joke were. But they had a laugh track. It’s really stupid. Watch The Sons of the Desert and try not to laugh. One of my very favorite scenes of all time was when Stan was eating Ollie’s wife’s wax fruit. They didn’t need a laugh track.

• Lisa B. says:

I can’t remember the name of the short, but it contains one of my favourite scenes: Larry is cooking and the recipe calls for a can of peas, which he tosses – without opening it, of course – into the pot. He considers this for a moment, takes out the can, says “That’s silly – you can’t eat paper!”, removes the label and tosses the can back into the pot.

When I was a kid, camping with my buddy, I threw a can of beans into the fire. Lucky it didn’t kill us when it exploded. I think my favorite clip was when Curly was trying to outsmart a clam. The clam won.

2. Robert R says:

In eight weeks almost 80% of blonds will become extinct.