A Day That Will Live in Infamy

OK, guess what famous day today is!

Yes, Folks, it’s PICKLE’S BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday, Pickle!

My old friend Professor P. dropped in today with another load of tropical fruit. He grows it, you know. Thank God he didn’t bring any more lychee nuts. Frau Grace plants the seeds. She’s got about ten lychee nut trees in pots.

Those are nice looking star fruit, and they’re huge, about 5 inches long.

I updated my theme. Go back and see if the comments are appearing.

I think Delores has gone a little over the edge…

Aloha Oe

14 Responses to A Day That Will Live in Infamy

1. Tom says:

Hooray! I see a comment!

2. Therealpickle says:

Yes, Cheeseman, I am now nearing your advanced age without the advanced smell of Limburger that engulfs you. Thank you for the recognition and I hope we will soon join forces again (this time on motorcycles) in the never ending pursuit of rodent kings and wine snobs everywhere. Never Shuts Up Girl and I hope to be mobile soon and you are on top of our list of places to visit right after the Biggest Pine Cone in the World in Cuyhoga Falls, OH, and the World’s Largest Teapot in Chester, WVA, and maybe a few more tallest, longest, widest, -est things we’ve always wanted to see but never cared enough until we retired. Holey guacamole and away!

I just want everyone to know that Pickle is certifiably insane. Pickle, when you come to visit, bring your Superhero Pickle suit. I have my Cheeseman suit. We will go out and defend all the old people around Bradentoon. There’s lots of them, old people I mean. And as far as I can tell, they are in dire need of Superhero intervention. If only I still had my 1948 Cushman Eagle.

• Therealpickle says:

Oh boy! I can’t wait. I’ll get the Pickle suit out of pawn and we’ll be there right after we return from Cubuk, Turkey where they have the world’s largest pickle at 4′ 11″ tall and 3′ 7 ” around. There’s the picklemobile now. See you later!

Buddy Boy consulted the oracle. The oracle said, “Answer unclear, try again later”.

So Buddy Boy pushed buttons at random.

If you are reading this, it worked.

4. Robert R says:

‘Now if I can only think of something to say.

5. Robert R says:

Is that an American pickle or a British pickle? There is a difference. I much prefer a British pickle with cheese sandwich that one with American pickle.

I’m sorry, but nothing matches a cornichon. So typically French, and goes wonderfully with sausages, olives, pâtés and cheeses.

It being lunchtime, there I go !

7. Joe says:

I beg to differ. The only ‘proper’ pickles are Polski Ogorki (dill pickles) like the ones you could buy out of pickle barrels in the Lower East Side, and continental Delis around the world.

When I was a kid there was an old store, the kind that had hardware, dry goods canned food etc. And they had a big pickle barrel in the back. Those were the days! Now the best pickles in Bradentoon are in the Pickle Shop out at the Red Barn Flea Market. Pickles are good for you.