What day is it?

When you’re retired, especially with this Covid lockdown, every day seems like every other day, doesn’t it?

I just updated my PHP whatever that is. Maybe now I won’t have so many errors.

9 Responses to What day is it?

Yeah. I looked it up. It’s currently unavailable, and for good reason:

Bunsters Shit The Bed 12/10 Heat Hot Sauce – Chili Pepper Sauce (Single Bottle)
      Visit the Bunsters Store
      4.7 out of 5 stars 1,504 ratings
      | 36 answered questions
      Currently unavailable.

1. Pete says:

Well, if a challenge and heat is wanted, from my fav store one can purchase:

I know what a Scoville is and there’s no way I’d come close to putting your toxic waste hot sauce near my lips. Twice in my life I’ve popped in a chile like that and thought I’d die. One time was in the Press Club in DC, and the other was on my honeymoon from hell in Martinique. The waiter didn’t speak English, so he pointed to the pepper and patted his mouth as a warning. I knew what he meant, but I could take hot peppers. Yeah, right. I went into convulsions. It took about five minutes before I could breathe again.

No thank you. I know what a Scoville is. Twice in my sorry life I did that. Once was a the Press Club in DC. I thought I’d die. The first time was on my honeymoon from hell in Martinique. The waiter didn’t speak English, so he pointed to the pepper and patted his mouth. I knew what he meant, but being an old macho pepper popper I ignored his admonition and popped it in. It took about five minutes for my convulsions to abate. The waiter called in all the staff, and as I lay writhing on the floor in agony they stood around me laughing.

I think there has been a Scoville Race, just like that one with nuclear bombs, and the effect has been the same. At a certain point hot becomes dangerous.

I like flavor and enough heat to tingle. When burning power becomes the benchmark, we have the makings of nuclear waste, as our in-house physicist has pointed out.

I make a big pot of chile about every month. I love how it stays warm all the way down to my stomach. And it isn’t a mach thing. My grandmother (the crazy one)loved hot stuff. About 40 years ago, I was at the house of my closest friend at the time. He was younger than I, and he was also a PhD physicist. He had some of his coworkers over – he worked at the National Bureau of Standards. I think all of his guests were PhDs. The subject came up about hot stuff. On of the men said something which implied that the only reason people claim to like hot stuff is to prove that they’re macho. It occurred to me that even highly educated people can be dumb as poop.

3. Pete says:

Well, some honesty about heat and manhood!
    Love your responses. That was a nasty response you got in Martinique!