Happy Monday

From 1994:

We bought a 9 inch RCA cabinet tv in September of 1947. It had tv, 78 rpm record player that even took the huge 78’s, and a multi-band radio. My sister still has it. My old man wanted to watch the World Series. Actually, he sent my mother downtown with the cash. We didn’t have much money, but he never ever bought anything on time. He even paid cash for our house. That was just before I was born in 1946. The house cost $5000. The tv cost $1100.

6 Responses to Happy Monday

1. Tom B says:

Question. In some pictures the boat shows Evergreen (like in your picture), in others it shows Ever Given. So, I suppose their are actually two ships?

I’m confused…

• Scott says:

Ever Given is the name of the ship and is on the back. Evergreen is the name of the shipping line and is on the sides.

2. AndyW says:

Love the trail camera idea – my neighbor has one…

3. Gary says:

Sid’s TV may need a replacement 6AW8.
    Or, in his case more likely a DuMont 6JV8.

Geeze….I’m really dating myself with this comment. LOL!

• Bud Grace says:

Geeze! You got to been even older than me! Most people have never heard of a DuMont. Remember Madman Muntz?

• Gary says:

You and I and a small handful of others are likely your only readers that have worked with thermionic valves. :-))

Muntz? Sure. Who hasn’t heard of him? (besides 99+% of the people who read your blog)

Laid on my head under the dash of a few cars working on his 4-track players. They seemed to be the first thing that was bolted in at the factory with the rest of the dash bolted in around it. Not fun. 8-track mostly eliminated those hummers, but the 4-tracks sounded better to my ears.