Wednesday

Howdy!

8 Responses to Wednesday

1. Tom B says:

Now I know what you were talking about a couple days ago referencing Electrolux. Would have been a hoot to see the cease and decease letter.

2. Pieter says:

Thank goodness the deceasing was not put into action!
    Let us all be thankful for that!

3. Divad says:

I’m also glad to see the Electrolux, I’ve been on tenterhooks the last few days waiting for it to appear and offend.

Going back to the Don Martin references, I went looking for the pigeon story after you mentioned it (found it, good stuff), and also came across this piece by his wife from a few years back, about traveling the Everglades by canoe, and spending New Year’s Eve out there.

• Bud Grace says:

Thanks for the link. The last time I heard from Norma was 8 or 10 years ago. I hadn’t heard from her in years, but she called me up pout of the blue and talked for almost an hour. I think she just needed someone to talk to. Of course she went on about Don and how Gaines screwed over his cartoonists with regards to copyright. I was up against it as well during my entire relationship with King Features. The problem is, despite they’re owning the copyright to your creations, you can’t make it without them. My friend Arnold Roth, now 92 years old I think, left Mad because of Gaines and, with a few other cartoonists, started Cracked.

4. AndyW says:

Love the cartoon. Would love to see the letter from Electrolux.

• Bud Grace says:

I don’t recall if I ever had possession of the letter. It was sent to King Features. Like when Robert Reich blasted me for my story about the ATF. he sent the letter to King, not me.